top of page
Thu, Jan 12|
Be A Contestant
You think you make the best Mac and Cheese in all of Cumberland County? Click Here to Sign up to be a Contestant. rules apply
Tickets are not on saleSee other events
Time & Location
Jan 12, 7:00 PM – May 01, 12:00 AM
Hope Mills, 5435 Corporation Dr, Hope Mills, NC 28348, USA
About the event
Contest Location and Hours
Mac and Cheese Throwdown
Dirtbag Ales Brewery and Taproom
Hope Mills, NC
People’s Choice Tasting Hours
1 PM - 3 PM
Saturday May 13, 2023
Table Set Up and Break Times
Table Set UP 12:00 PM - 12:45 PM: Late Arrivals will not be accepted
Table Break Down 3 PM - 4 PM: Do not breakdown early
Contest will provide the following for each contestant.
6ft Long Table
Access to Electricity.
200 2oz tasting cups
Each Contestant agrees to these rules.
- All Mac and Cheese must be made by the contestant.
- Contestants may represent restaurants, food trucks, catering businesses or homecooks.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- 400 Ounces of Mac and Cheese must be submitted for the public tasting event. (200 2 oz servings)
- 20 Ounces of Mac and Cheese must be submitted to the judging panel. Submission instructions will be provided in a separate email.
- Mac and Cheese must temp at or above 135 degrees f at the time of submission, otherwise the contestant will be disqualified.
- Each contestant must provide their own hot holding equipment, serving utensils, and extension cord. Electricity access will be provided by the contest organizers.
- Each contestant must use the provided 2 ounce tasting cups provided by the contest organizers. Each contestant will be given 200 cups upon submission acceptance.
- Each contestant agrees to the specific set up and break down times above.
- Each contestant understands that ALL Communication regarding reminders, and event changes will be through the email address provided in the online registration form. This email address cannot be changed.
- Each contestant table must clearly display their contestant number and a list of allergens i.e dairy, soy, gluten, shellfish, peanuts.
- Contestants must abide by all rules and regulations set forth by DirtBag Ales Brewery and Taproom. These rules include but are not limited to, but be family friendly, no outside alcohol, and no weapons. See DirtBag Ales Brewery and Taproom Webpage for more details.
bottom of page